You are welcome to join our rapidly developing law firm
We are one of the leading full-service Hong Kong law firms established by a PRC lawyer who is also a Hong Kong qualified lawyer. We have an aspiration to become the best Chinese international law firm. Our distinctive features are:
● Our senior partner being the first lawyer qualified to practise law in the PRC, Hong Kong, England and Wales as well as the New York State, USA; ● Having strong connections with the PRC; ● Handling cross-border and multi-jurisdictional transactions for reputable and established clients from various industries including Red Chip & H share companies and international corporations; ● Having strong and dedicated teams of legal professionals qualified in various jurisdictions; ● Striving to provide the highest quality of legal services while maintaining a balance between life and work; and ● Having a friendly working environment.
We are now seeking individual lawyer or lawyers working as a team who are energetic, team players, self-motivated and are striving to pursue a challenging career in the following areas of practice:
● at least 5 years of post-qualification experience in banking; ● partnership prospects for suitable candidates; ● no client following required; ● fluent Chinese (written and spoken) essential.
● at least 3 years of post-qualification experience in banking ; ● fluent Chinese essential. Spoken Mandarin highly desirable.
2. Mergers & Acquisitions Lawyer
● at least 3 years of post-qualification experience in Mergers & Acquisitions; ● experience in advising foreign investors on PRC acquisition projects and advising major state-owned enterprises and domestic PRC companies on overseas investments and acquisitions; ● fluent Chinese and spoken Mandarin essential.
3. Corporate Finance Lawyer
● at least 2-3 years of post-qualification experience in corporate finance; ● experience in acting for issuers and/or sponsors/underwriters in IPO projects; and ● experience in listing companies’ compliance matters.
4. Estate Planning, Tax and Trusts Lawyer
● at least 3 years of post-qualification experience in Estate Planning, Tax and Trusts; ● experience in will preparation and drafting, application for probate/letter of administration, administration of estates (local or foreign probate), lasting Powers of Attorney, safeguarding the finances in the event of incapacity; ● experience in tax planning; ● experience in providing trust proposals and managing relationship with high net worth clients, as well as understanding structures of trusts;
5. Investment Funds Lawyer
● at least 3 years of post-qualification experience in Investment Funds; ● experience in acting for fund managers, asset management companies in setting up investment funds in the forms of partnerships, unit trusts, companies for investors from different jurisdictions; ● experience in advising on the uses of different legal structures and the suitability taking into account source of funding, mode of distribution of profits and tax status of the investors, and the structuring the management fee arrangement to achieve tax minimization.
6. Senior Litigation Lawyer
● at least 5 years of post-qualification experience in Litigation; ● can handle litigation cases of the following areas independently: commerce and trade, banking, liquidation, torts, enquiries from regulatory authorities; divorce and personal injuries; ● experience in attending court hearings and trails.
7. Construction Lawyer
● at least 3 years of post-qualification experience in construction areas; ● experience in handling cases of construction contract and construction disputes; ● lawyer with construction-related qualifications and work experience is preferred.
8. Arbitration and Mediation Lawyer
● at least 3 years of post-qualification experience in Arbitration and Mediation; ● experience and knowledge in the relevant Arbitration rules and procedures, and able to assist clients in handling cross-border, PRC and Hong Kong commercial disputes through arbitration or alternative dispute resolution.
In case you currently do not have requisite experience in the above areas, but you sincerely intend to expand your areas of practice and are ready to adjust your expertise by developing to those areas of practice, your participation is welcome (please provide a full CV setting out all your past working experiences). Successful candidates will receive training and guidance through close cooperation with our experienced solicitors.
We also welcome lawyers with experience in other areas of practice. Interested parties please provide us a full CV setting out all your past working experiences.
Application Procedure: Interested applicants should send your full CV with your expected salary to the HR Department, Li & Partners, 22/F, World-Wide House, Central, Hong Kong or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Personal data collected will be treated in confidential and used for recruitment purpose only. Applicants who do not hear from us within 4 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful and the applications will be destroyed within 3 months.